The Alliance is a coalition of stakeholders that have a strong interest in improving transportation accessibility in Southwestern Pennsylvania. This region-wide coalition is comprised of human service agencies, transportation providers and advocates, workforce development groups, healthcare facilities, government entities, and users of public fixed route, shared ride, and paratransit services.
Alliance participants want to ensure the region’s transportation system works for ALL residents, regardless of where they live, how old they are, their level of income, and any physical, intellectual, or mental disabilities they may have. Coordinated and guided by ATWIC staff, The Alliance partners work diligently toward attaining a shared vision of “an integrated regional network of transportation services and facilities that provide measurable improvements for greater freedom of mobility for all.”
- Conducted extensive public outreach through the Alliance in all SPC-member counties for the purpose gathering data and input for the update of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Public Transit – Human Services Coordinated Transportation Plan which will be submitted for Commission approval in June 2019 and, upon approval, become a supplemental document for the region’s 2045 Long Range Plan.
- Provided technical assistance to members of the Alliance for Transportation Working in Communities concerning changes to human services program funding and service delivery at federal and state levels.
- Researched and presented to various stakeholders – including the PA Chapter of the American Planning Association – cutting edge analysis concerning the concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
- Provided technical assistance to various project sponsors across the region including:
- The advisory committee of the Wilkinsburg Transit Revitalization Investment District (TRID) Study.
- The steering committees for the Butler, Westmoreland and Washington County Transit Development plans.
If you would like to become a member of The Alliance, please email Kathy Stefani at firstname.lastname@example.org
[ top ]